The Department of Genetic Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College is looking for patients with Friedreich’s Ataxia for a research study to compare and evaluate different tests in assessing the cardiac dysfunction that can occur with the disease. The study involves a single 2-day visit, with an overnight stay.
Who can participate?
- Age 18-30 years old
- Have genetic confirmation of diagnosis
- Capable of completing all study tests and procedures
What are the study tests and procedures?
- Blood and urine tests
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (CMR)
- Chest x-ray
- Echocardiogram (ECHO)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Exercise-stress test
- Neurological assessment
- Eye exam with local anesthetic
- Physical and medical history
If you would like more information, please contact Michelle at (646) ■■■■■■■■ or ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■