Quantcast

Ataxia Support Network

tDCS surprise

I see you were also on clinical trial 4157. Any luck in using the pill? After 1 year, it proved to be a dud for me.

There was improvement with BHV-4157. They say there was no deterioration either while on it. Go figure.

I read that Biohaven will be introducing a clinical trial for TRORILUZOLE, BHV 4157-206. This was mentioned on a recent newsletter from www.ataxia.org :slightly_smiling_face: xB

This is supposed to be slowing the progression of the disease. It’s an expansion study of the previous BHV 4157. I initially heard from Johns Hopkins, but nothing recently.

I am not being able to go to Las Vegas for the annual NAF meeting next year. If anyone goes, could you learn more about tDCS ( Transcutaneous Direct Current Stimulation) ? This seems to be interim method to improve cerebellar function till gene editing or stem cell infusion are successful.

I hope to try it soon for my daughter also… What do you think when will it be available on the market?

Although tDCS had shown some promising results on the cerebellum, I am yet to see any FDA approved or cleared device in that regard.