Quantcast

Ataxia Support Network

Motion Therapeutics Vest


#1

I found out about this motion therapeutics vest about a year ago. I saw the videos of patients who had MS, and other movement diseases including ataxia. They showed quite an improvement from just simply wearing a weighted vest. I was skeptical but decided to try it out because from there, it can only get better. The trial vest was fitted by a physical therapist for MS patients named Dr. Kanter. He doesnt take health insurance for this assessment so it was money out of my pocket. Thankfully, it was worth it because when I did try on the weighted vest, I felt a rush of confidence come over me and I was stand straighter, my posture improved and I was able to go down stairs with no fear. ( I was scared of going down the stairs so id go down slowly holding the banister.) After waiting a long period of time, I decided to order the vest. $795 is a lot of money to spend and my fear of going down stairs was getting worse.

When my vest finally was delivered to me, I had to see Dr Kanter again for the vest fitting and assessments of walking, going up and down the stairs. Today was the first day I wore it to work and I was a happy camper because I didnt need to hold on to anything when going up and down stairs. I didnt wear it during work because the dr said id might dizzy so Id have to slowly introduce it my body after the first week. I wore it on my way to work and on my way home from work. I loved it and did not want to take it off but i guess i should follow dr.'s orders.

Just to let you know, the vest itself is not a magic vest. Im going to still exercise and eat healthy continuously because I want to work for as long as I can last.

I encourage you to try it. I know it cost a lot of money...but seriously, you cant put a price on health. Money comes and goes. A healthy person is a happy person and that makes them enjoyable to spend time with.


#2

Wow good for you, my physiotherapists tried the vest on me as well as a weighted weight belt I went and got one at a Exercise Fitness shop they are called weighted weight belts 20 dollars what a difference it stables me and I have been able to walk outside without my cane. Like U I only wear it for a short period of time but I love it!


#3

How long can the vest be worn for each time?


#4

My doctor told me to gradually build it. 2 hours everyday for the first week and 2 and a half to 3 hours the next week. Im trying to see if I can wear it all day everyday while i'm at work.


#5

hmm, if i had known about the belt, i wouldve tried that too. oh well, its great that youre walking without your cane!

Marjorie Friesen said:

Wow good for you, my physiotherapists tried the vest on me as well as a weighted weight belt I went and got one at a Exercise Fitness shop they are called weighted weight belts 20 dollars what a difference it stables me and I have been able to walk outside without my cane. Like U I only wear it for a short period of time but I love it!


#6

Is it making your feel dizzy at all?



euniecorn said:

My doctor told me to gradually build it. 2 hours everyday for the first week and 2 and a half to 3 hours the next week. Im trying to see if I can wear it all day everyday while i'm at work.


#7

I dont feel dizzy at all. Today, I noticed that my handwriting is neater and more legible. Perhaps it may be the vest? I'll test it out more this week.

Rick Kelly said:

Is it making your feel dizzy at all?



euniecorn said:

My doctor told me to gradually build it. 2 hours everyday for the first week and 2 and a half to 3 hours the next week. Im trying to see if I can wear it all day everyday while i'm at work.


#8

hy!

I just red you post and wow!

I am from Zagreb, Croatia. Don´t know anyone with ataxia and my neurologist doesn´t know what and how to help me.. So the job is on one half on me.

Does it vest vork? And how can I get it? How can I get in touch with the dr who reccomended you to vore a vest?

I was diagnosed last year. I am 31year old and I´ve got a child who is 2.5 year.. So I must function.

Please sent me mail if you can tell me how to get in touch with to get a vest. My mail is ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■.

Thank you!!!


#9



Dada said:Hi and welcome I am from Canada and the Neurologist and my family Dr do not know anything about this either I found this website and it is very good www.walkingwithataxia.com he is a Dr who got ataxia too I am still reading his site but the first thing I have found in four years so motivating I am so happy I found this site, wonderful people. Marjorie

I just red you post and wow!

I am from Zagreb, Croatia. Don´t know anyone with ataxia and my neurologist doesn´t know what and how to help me.. So the job is on one half on me.

Does it vest vork? And how can I get it? How can I get in touch with the dr who reccomended you to vore a vest?

I was diagnosed last year. I am 31year old and I´ve got a child who is 2.5 year.. So I must function.

Please sent me mail if you can tell me how to get in touch with to get a vest. My mail is ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■.

Thank you!!!


#10

That's awesome! Please do keep us all updated.



euniecorn said:

I dont feel dizzy at all. Today, I noticed that my handwriting is neater and more legible. Perhaps it may be the vest? I'll test it out more this week.

Rick Kelly said:

Is it making your feel dizzy at all?



euniecorn said:

My doctor told me to gradually build it. 2 hours everyday for the first week and 2 and a half to 3 hours the next week. Im trying to see if I can wear it all day everyday while i'm at work.