Mercury in Mouth (Silver Fillings)

Did anybody have amalgamated (silver) fillings removed and replaced with something else less toxic to the brain. If so, did it help, stop, or reverse your symptoms?

I did have temporary silver crown whilst they made the porcelain one. I hated it but dont know how psychological that was. I just know I wasnt 'happy'.

I've had my mercury fillings replaced and it all went very well, however, two years later I dont notice the improvement.

James B.

I had my amalgam fillings replaced in 2008 after I was diagnosed and my ataxia is still progr├Ęssive"

I feel a greater danger from mercury is from broken fluorescent light lamps

I read an article that talked about the procedure used by the dentist. Just drilling it out vaporizes the mercury and then you end up breathing it in - which can be even more harmful.

Wow, if drilling causes that I would leave the amalgam fillings alone

Grabbing at straws? Personally, I'm not sure it makes a difference. My doctors laugh whenever I bring them such suggestions. But good on you though for thinking and trying.

Cynders, you are correct in what you say. But there is a special protocol for removing mercury to minimize the risk you mention. You can read about it on the site iaomt.org (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology). Everyday, just chewing and drinking hot fluids cause vapors from your fillings. You have to find a dentist experienced in removing mercury fillings.

Cynders said:

I read an article that talked about the procedure used by the dentist. Just drilling it out vaporizes the mercury and then you end up breathing it in - which can be even more harmful.

No difference, but it still seems like a good idea.