Since I was 30 I would cough for no apparent reason?
This was the start of Ataxia.
At 45 it started effecting other parts of me.
At 53 I have Ataxia at a higher degree.
Back to coughing:
For years I heard specialist say it might be this or it might be that?
They were guessing constantly!
TEST for Asthma, Allergies, Stomach Acid, Acid Reflex?
In Nov 2010 when I was properly diagnosed with Ataxia (Possible SCA?)
It all comes clear as to why I would cough for no apparent reason?
Eating bread impossible without coughing.
Talking on the phone and suddenly have a cough fit?
Random Cough fits?
After Coffee Cough Attacks!
Sometimes I would lose my breath completely as if I was choking?
The cerebellum controls the nerves for swallowing. (Mine is Compromised.)
So in my vain attempt to control this aggravating condition i DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Drink Water
2. Keep my nose clear (Kleenex Boxes in every room).
3. Gluten Free (This has reduced my coughing and improved my speech).
"Some see no benefit, however we are all different. I just know what works for me."
4. Sleep helps. A Good sleep cycle can help however I suffer from extreme insomnia.
[I quit taking meds due to the side effects.]
5. Eat slow and at health food and stay away from fast food and processed food.
6. COQ10 Bioavalible source at 100mg with your meals so 300mg per day spread out works best for me.
6. PROBIOTICS keep your digestion system healthy. Your feel better anyway!
This 6 points have reduced my attacks by 80%. I don't know which one does the most good however I feel these thing are better than doing nothing.
What do I have to lose?