2013 Bucket-List Focus and Favorite saying from this Site

I was reading an article regarding bucket-list items:
http://www.positivelypositive.com/2012/12/30/edit-your-bucket-list/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+positivelypositive%2Fpositive+%28Positively+Positive%29.

Since I’ve already done a lot, thankfully, including jumping out of a plane :), I need to add to my bucket-list this year. Any ideas?

Also, this thread is a two-for…if you have a favorite saying from this site from this year, please feel free to share.

Something fabulous that I read on here comes from Rose:

“I don’t give up or give in…I just knew that it was time”…
AND
"Accepting is not giving up." -from Cristel

I thought that these were especially relevant for moving on to all of our 2013 endeavors.

What about you? Any ideas and/or favorite quotes on here?

Today is a new chapter.Not the old but something different.

I havent got a bucket list - life has knocked me around and I have made the most of what has been dealt me.

If I get the opportunity to do more, I shall grab it but my main aim in life is to be content.

It's not the cards that you are dealt but the way you play them that matters.

Patsy

Past is Gone,
Present is born,
We move on,
Let happiness dawn.

I found these on the bucket list article site and I think they have resonance for us too…

A good litmus test for an authentic dream is to see if you are just as excited by the planning and training phases as you are by the vision of yourself achieving the dream.

Smile: if you can’t lift the corners, let the middle sag.

In showing sympathy, people make it about themselves. Whereas empathy is truly about you, whoever you are.

Yesterday is a canceled check; tomorrow is a promissory note; today is the only cash you have, spend it wisely.-Kay Lyons

When someone says “‘Who are you?’ is not meant to be a question. It is meant to give pause for reflection. Who are you without whatever you hold on to?”

That last one I think is particularly interesting for us ataxics; what is it, metaphorically, we cling to?
I’ve been giving this a lot of thought recently. I think it’s about core values - what we really are after life has washed off a lot of stuff in the rinse…

I knew a lot of good saying. But my brain can not put them into words. Love reading all of them.

Hi Patsy.

I like your quote about playing the hand that you're dealt. A well-meaning person recently told me that I should "follow my passions". When she discovered that I was a big Elvis fan she suggested that I should go on a road trip across America and visit Graceland! A bit impractical in my case, I'm afraid.

Rather than making extravagant plans I would prefer to be philosophical, make the most of what I have and do what is possible. Though of course a bucket list doesn't have to consist of far-fetched dreams, it could include less ambitious goals.

Patsy said:

I havent got a bucket list - life has knocked me around and I have made the most of what has been dealt me.

If I get the opportunity to do more, I shall grab it but my main aim in life is to be content.

It's not the cards that you are dealt but the way you play them that matters.

Patsy

I hear you Lori...,ha! One of my favorite sayings is " we may have ataxia, but ataxia doesn't have us"!
Happy New Years to all!!! ;o)

Here's one that I love (I printed this out to remind me and posted it in my office) "Your problems are not punishment they are just a wake up call for you to try things another way".

I have little reminders throught my house like these to keep me on track! :0)

You are right Rose - with our Ataxia, we must be the boss, at all times if we can - difficult I know,

"Always look on the bright side of life"

Doug, Bristol, England.

rose said:

I hear you Lori...,ha! One of my favorite sayings is " we may have ataxia, but ataxia doesn't have us"!
Happy New Years to all!!! ;o)

Thanks Dougmusical (great name)! I have to constantly remind myself of this, as with ataxia, the frustrations and challenges are plentiful...,ha! I try to keep a positive attitude because that's the one thing I actually have control over! ;o)